Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Defensewall End Trial Period

• Please log in to reply

BMTHmisfit

BMTHmisfit

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Hi,
Been using defensewall for about 19 days. Im using the trial period and im just wanting to know what will happen when its finished.
Thanks

Advertisements

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Hi,

Generally the software will lock down. For example when you launch you will be presented with a registration box to enter a key or such like. If you don't enter it then the program will normally close down.
However in some trials some features will be locked to prevent use giving you very limited accessibility. But with them not having a free edition its more than likely the whole software package will lock down.

Then its up to you as the whether you like it and want to pay or download a free alternative such a Comodo. :)

Edited by rev_olie, 20 July 2009 - 03:57 AM.

BMTHmisfit

BMTHmisfit

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Hi,
Thanks for the info and yes I know what usually happens when trials end, I just want to know what specifically happens to defensewall if anyone knows.
Hopefully you just lose some features LOL.

Mr. cake

Mr. cake

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
When live one care trial went out (when i had it) it just stopped updating its components. Mabe defense wall will do that?

Edit: reammer, err grammar.

Edited by Mr. cake, 20 July 2009 - 10:58 AM.

BMTHmisfit

BMTHmisfit

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
I guess Ill just have to wait and see :)