Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Always disconnect from internet

• Please log in to reply

xbLazE

xbLazE

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hi,

Recently i brought a new D-Link Router and a D-Link Adapter to replace my old Linksys router.

I'm using a Wireless connection and the problem is that the new D-Link Adapter oftens disconnect and reconnect in a minute or so.

The internet speed of the connection oftens increase and decrease randomly between 18.0 Mps to 270.0 Mps.

It happens so frequently that sometimes when i was playing online games, it would lag or disconnect once every 15 - 30 minutes

This problem doesn't exist when i was using the Linksys Router and its connection speed is always a constant 54.0 Mps

The model of my D-Link router is DIR-855 Xtreme N Duo Media Router ( Here's a picture of it )

Posted Image

And the model of my D-Link Network Adapter is DWA-160 Xtreme N DualBand USB Adapter ( Here's is a picture of it )

Posted Image

Please help me out, thanks !

Edited by xbLazE, 20 July 2009 - 11:36 AM.

Advertisements

xbLazE

xbLazE

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Anyone out there can help me?

xbLazE

xbLazE

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
It has been 4 days and no one is willing to help me? :)

colonelsas

colonelsas

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
In the Geeks to Go Terms and conditions, it states that if your topic has not been replyed to after 3 days, create the same topic in the waiting room and you will be seen to as soon as posible.

xbLazE

xbLazE

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
It has been 10 days since i last posted this T_T

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Hi,

Since you say it's the wireless that's disconnecting I can think of a few things:

1. The router is faulty. Check the manufactures web site for firmware updates. If the latest Firmware is installed Hard reset the router to return it to factory setting.

2. The adapter is faulty. Again Check the manufactures site for the latest Driver.

What you might also try:

a different wireless adapter and see if the problem persists. Your router is backwards compatible with other 802.11 standards (a, b, g).

Reset the Networking Protocols on the PC. Start>Run>cmd Type "netsh int ip reset reset.log" press enter. type "netsh winsock reset" press enter, restart the PC.

xbLazE

xbLazE

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
1. I just brought the new router, and it's working. It has the latest firmware and i have reset it to it's factory settings

2. The adapter is newly brought too!