Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

please help comp keeps crashing Vista 32 bit ultimate

• Please log in to reply

shells wills

shells wills

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Well it all started with my Belkin router not working, and had pop ups and Avg virus, sayiing i had numerous viruses. Then blue screen fatal error, and crashed. Trying to reformat drive but cant remember how to. data and photos backed up. just want to wipe the hard drive clean, and install Vista again. Please help this is driving me insane, taking me three days so far, many thanks for reading this.

Advertisements

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Hi,

Normally i would say to go to the Virus and malware removal forum and get your P cleaned but seeing as tho8ugh you have everything backed up then a re install wont take to long. However if you want to keep the system going someone will be glad to help you in the other forum.

I have a guide to Reinstalling Windows Vista. Its not quite finished yet but its Ok.

This is also a second guide to Reinstalling Windows Vista.

Hopefully one of them will be some help to you. If you have more questions regarding just ask.

shells wills

shells wills

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Many thanks for your help, will try 2morrow, thanks for taking the time to help. Your a star. xkeep you posted

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
No problem ask as many questions as you need. Stops me getting bored :)

shells wills

shells wills

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Have noe tried to install a fresh install of windows Vista 32 bit. try to install

Enter lang
Install
enter product key enter key numbers this is successful.
then accept licence
asks clean copy of windows select where to install

then asks load driver
to install device driver needed access hard drive insert installation media containing driver files
note installation media can be floppy disc/cd/dvd/or usb

im well and trully stuck now please please help.

shells wills

shells wills

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Have noe tried to install a fresh install of windows Vista ultimat 32 bit. try to install

Enter lang
Install
enter product key enter key numbers this is successful.
then accept licence
asks clean copy of windows select where to install

then asks load driver
to install device driver needed access hard drive insert installation media containing driver files
note installation media can be floppy disc/cd/dvd/or usb

im well and trully stuck now please please help.