Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

external monitor to lcd help!

• Please log in to reply

stipower

stipower

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Guys i could really use your help my research paper is due tomorrow but i cant access it heres my problem.

I have a toshiba laptop with windows xp the screen on the laptop burnt out last year so ive been using my external crt monitor and it worked fine for a whole year until now! when i start up the laptop it shows the windows symbol with the blue bars loading but after that it totally dissappears and the monitor turns off BUT the laptop doesnt cause i can hear the windows theme when it starts up. Whats wrong??? I tried putting it on a different monitor but the same thing happens!

Thanks G2G

Advertisements

craperjack

craperjack

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi there.
I'm not very experienced but i would suggest trying to start the computer in safe mode.
Press F8 just before the windows bar starts to load until a screen is displayed with advanced options. Then select to start in safe mode.
You will still be able to gain access to your paper if windows loads up.
Then I'd backup the file and transplant it to another computer if needed.

Adrian

Edited by craperjack, 20 July 2009 - 06:06 PM.

stipower

stipower

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
HEY i got it to work!!! I followed this topic http://www.geekstogo...en-t242390.html

thanks though crapperjack!

craperjack

craperjack

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Haha congrats!
Pleased you found a solution.