Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

After windows automatic update(?) my computer is not opening pictures/

• Please log in to reply

Corey2005

Corey2005

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everyone,

Recently I want to say probably on the 18th or 17th of this month, my computer had some automatic updates and reset itself while i was online. And after that, my computer has run absolutely horrible. Around the same time Firefox had an update as well the version 3.5 i believe it is so i went ahead and upgraded that afterward when it had reset. I try to get on youtube, and info does come up, I just see no movies on occasion just a blank spot with an X or a paper in it with a bent corner kinda thing. I looked around online and I've seen people had problems with the new firefox so i went ahead and un-installed that and went back to 3.0.11 to see if that was my problem. It did help out a little bit, but still the same thing happens and i don't get all the information on a web page. I also read that it could be AVG 8.0, so i uninstalled that and also the same thing happened so i just re-installed it. Websites like Myspace.com or Purevolume.com with media players won't load for the life of me and i also get a message pretty often that says the network connection was interupted too. My computer is pretty much brand new it's about 4 months old and it was built for gaming and that's all i do on it for the most part except surf around maybe 10 sites tops so I'm just wondering what it could be because i've downloaded all the windows updates recently but I'm not very computer savy when it comes to this tech talk stuff so i have trouble diagnosing anything else lol. Thanks in advance for your help definitely appreciate the help I've received on this site in the past!

Advertisements