Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows did not start successfully...following file is missing or corr

• Please log in to reply

xxdoniellexx

xxdoniellexx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
when i reached the turns of agreement screen i dont have a mouse, and no way to click i except... what should i do now

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
plug in a mouse...either a PS/2 style or a USB style....

xxdoniellexx

xxdoniellexx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
i have a mouse plugged into the back of the computer, where it says a mouse is suppose to go(the little picture f a mouse)..Im pretty sure that the only mouse that i have...what is a ps/2?.. is it possible that the mouse isn't installed cuz windows is down

Edited by xxdoniellexx, 22 July 2009 - 10:06 AM.

xxdoniellexx

xxdoniellexx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
its plugged into the mouse spot

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
the recovery console cd will have the necessary drivers for the mouse to work...borrow a different mouse to try...

Edited by happyrock, 22 July 2009 - 09:21 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
On the TOA screen don't you just click F8 to accept Happyrock?

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Read through this tutorial: http://seagate.custk...sp?DocId=201271
If your mouse won't work, you can't use the graphical based version of Seatools. You will need to borrow a mouse.

From here: http://www.seagate.c...ols/seatooldreg
Download the ISO-CD ROM EN Text v.1.10 file. Then burn it to a disc using BurnCDCC.
Boot up your computer with the CD and follow this tutorial: http://seagate.custk...sp?DocId=201271
To run a long diagnostic.

xxdoniellexx

xxdoniellexx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
I actuallt burned the text and graphical versions...the text version did not work at all it just went to a white acreen with a little yellow dash at the top...it is the graphical cd that the mouse isnt working on...let me make sure that I understand...Is it just my mouse that isnt working, if i plug another one into that spot should it work?...or do I need to be plugging it in a different spot or a different type of mouse?

xxdoniellexx

xxdoniellexx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
ok...I plugged in two different usb Mouses that I know work, they have the lights on them, the lights come on but they do not work still...I also tryed f8 and enter and e since that underlined in the accept i thought maybe that would work...nothing seems to want to work...??? :) :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
PS2 mouse is a little round connection usually color coded for KB and Mouse connection.
Below is a picture to show them.

Advertisements

xxdoniellexx

xxdoniellexx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
I just noticed that before it goes to the white screen...on the black screen it says copying files to RAM drive C...unzipped files in ram...cute mouse v.2.1 freedos....error:device not found.....exact words might be a little off..its only on for a couple seconds.. then to the white terms of agreement page

xxdoniellexx

xxdoniellexx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
neither the ps/2 nor usb will work...also, i tryed a couple different usb spots, none of them worked, the lights on the mouse did come on but no response on the screen

xxdoniellexx

xxdoniellexx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
ok...when i unplugged the mouse and put the text cd in it started up and i had the option to click y to agree to the terms of agreement...i choose L for the long test...and its scanning now...i will let you know what it says as soon as it completes..

Edited by xxdoniellexx, 22 July 2009 - 11:54 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK thanks for the update.

xxdoniellexx

xxdoniellexx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
quick note...i dont know if it matters but in the info about the drive it says that this drive is security freeze locked...?