Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

im in need of help

• Please log in to reply

dirtbiker250

dirtbiker250

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi everyone.Iv have been looking into getting a new pc for gaming i currently have a dell inspiron 9300 laptop which isnt bad but it has started to slow down so i want to get a new one(desktop that is) and since most gaming pc's are really expensive i want to build my own im 16 and have no experince in computers iv been just browsing around looking at different things i need and kinda understand everything i need but what i wanted to ask is what should i buy first the mother board and power supply or? because i know certin things arnt compatable so how do i know what i buy will be abil to work together? any help would be greatly appriciated.

Advertisements

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
You shouldn't buy anything first. You should wait until you are sure of every component that you want and you have enough money to buy all the components, then buy it all at the same time. If you buy components one at a time, by the time you buy the last component, the first one you bought is obsolete.

dirtbiker250

dirtbiker250

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
but is there a way to know which things will work with which and what stuff could i go cheap on and what stuff should i get the top of the line

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
Well, that would depend on your budget and intended uses of the system. I know you say gaming, but what type of games will you be playing? Crysis? WoW? (etc.)

dirtbiker250

dirtbiker250

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
well im on like a 700 dollar budget and i may play wow but im really hoping on getting into the new aion game