Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

mal_vundog files found but not sure if i should or can delete them

• Please log in to reply

peaceandcheese

peaceandcheese

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
let me start by thanking the geekstogo members for the time you take to share your knowledge and assistance. i've read thru a few topics here and it's great to see how much everyone keeps each other from throwing their computers out of a 5 story window out of sheer frustration.

so far, i have scanned my files via malbytes (thanx a bunch for this program as it detected and deleted hella junk such as koobface) and i no longer receive a generic host pop up each time i reboot. i still, however, receive a pop up of my documents folder when i reboot and this has not been a normal occurance until the last few days when the malware took over. any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

after scanning my system with the tfc.exe program and the malbytes program, i utilized the trendmicro housecall 7 beta and it dropped from 45-48 threats found to 3 threats found which housecall states are unable to be fixed. they appear to be 3 variants of mal_vundog viruses however these items were not detected in vundofix. after some review from the trendmicro site, they appear to be grayware but i'm not 100% certain if i can or need to delete them. it seems that my pc is just about back to normal but i would like someone to review my logs to advise me if there is anything else i need to do. i have otl and hijackthis logs available when ready for review.

Advertisements

peaceandcheese

peaceandcheese

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
no one has responded to this message so i will start a new 1. if possible, please delete or close this thread.

Edited by peaceandcheese, 15 August 2009 - 03:06 PM.