Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System is not starting

• Please log in to reply

jaswantpurba

jaswantpurba

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi Geeks

My xp system is not booting up and flashing following error message.

STOP: c0000076 {bad image}
The application or dll \??\c:\windows\system32\sfcfiles.dll is not a valid windows image. Pleace check this against your installation diskette."

I tried to boot my laptop on safe mode, command prompt only and with some other options but was unsuccesful.

Please provide some solution. Note that I do not have windows media with me.

My OS is Windows XP system

Before reaching this stage my system was doing some ireggular symptons like blurring of display, memory issues and closing of application automatically.
Best regards

Jaswant

Advertisements

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
You tried All the options in the Advanced Menu (with safe mode and such)- Last Known Good Configuration too?

Note that I do not have windows media with me.

Do you mean the Windows Xp disk? If you don't have it:

• You will need a blank CD-r, from any local department store. Maybe you have one already.
    (On a different - working computer:)
  • Download Windows Recovery Console here.
  • Download, and install Imgburn from my signature below.
  • Install Imgburn onto your computer. You can choose No when it asks to check for a new version, the older one will work fine.
  • Using Imgburn, Choose "Write Image file to disk". Choose the Folder Icon with a magnifying glass to choose your windows recovery console ISO. When ready, burn the ISO to the disk, choosing the large "Iso file to cd" button on the bottom.
  • When complete, close Imgburn and all other applications.
  • Restart your computer(with problems). Open the CD-Rom Drive and insert your newly burned disk. Restart the computer again.
  • Boot to the CD...let it finish loading.

To boot the Cd:
    When you start windows, choose Boot Device Menu - the Hotkey is probably F12 or C. Try pressing F12 repeatedly, until the boot menu appears.
    Choose your CD-Rom Drive.

• When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.

-Jason :)