Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

panda software can't reinstall

• Please log in to reply

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Hello this is my first post and i am having trouble no idea how i would fix it either, anyways i tried installing Panda Platinum Internet Security 2005, and when i did sumtin went wrong and so i tried reinstalling and was told that it was installed but i tried uninstalling and it will not respond at all, there is this error msg i keep getting about PAV could not find VCL50.BPL and it keeps popping up so i need to reinstall panda but like i said the add/remove programs will not respond to it what do i do in order for me to have it work?

Thank you,
Silverwolf :tazz:

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Topic Starter
  • Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Ok silverwolf can you even go into any of the control panels or launch the software?

if you can't then we will need to get a little dirty and manually remove panda from your system.

Starjax

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is the VCL50.BPL file any good to you

Silverwolf

Silverwolf

• Pip
  • 1 posts
First i would like to ty starjax for doing this and i am sorry for posting in the wrong place. Ok anyways i finally got into the program but it was in a diff language. so what i did was did a system restore and removed panda all together, but then my mcafee was messing up so i had to reinstall that. Now everything seems fine except my privacy part of mcafee is not working and it wont reinstall lol. And Keith the VCL50.BPL file did help once i dl'd it. Anyways thank you both for ur help and again i am sorry i out the post in the wrong spot

Silverwolf :tazz:

jaybo1973

jaybo1973

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys

I have just had exactly the same problem with Panda (older version though) I was getting the error message VCL50.bpl missing. I managed to download the missing file. I am getting another error now though!! inicio.exe error Platctrl.bpl missing. I am unable to find info on this file. with the file missing, I am unable to use panda, reinstall it or install it. I am unprotected at the moment. Any ideas guys??