Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Yes, I want it all. And when I can't find what I want I turn to geeks to help me find what I want. Thank goodness for geeks.

In our department we have a legacy Polycom videoconference station. We have a laptop to command the conference, a projector to show the images and powerpoints we use, and we have a TV screen (CRT) to look at each other while we talk and work on issues.

And I want all of this in one whiteboard option. I'm sure this option exists where I could partition the white board screen to show ourselves and the powerpoint and I could use the whiteboard as the command console display. I would be able to draw on the whiteboard with multi colors using a digital marker. If I wanted, I could capture the information as an image or as text in some cases. I would want to use touch screen capability to do what I would normally do with a mouse (at the same time keeping the mouse option open) in addition to a keyboard for command control options. And, I'm sure I could probably get this in decent resolution.

So, after looking at quite a few products I'm not finding this kind of "I want it all" option so I am asking if there is anyone "out there" who knows of a product that can function in this all in one role. Please let me know if you folks are aware of this kind of option. I loathe having to ask the companies because then I tend to get swarmed by poor, starving, caffeine guzzling sales reps that don't really understand what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance if any of you nice folks can help me out.

Edited by PatDVM, 22 July 2009 - 12:22 PM.