Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet settings won't open

• Please log in to reply

nct

nct

• Pip
  • 2 posts
For some reason, I can't open my internet settings in the control panel, nor by using the "run" box with inetcpl.cpl entered.

Sometimes I get a quick flash like something is trying to open, but nothing opens.

I have tried the above from safe mode also, and still no success.

The only two events I suspect might have caused this is a failed attempt for my cable or firewall company (CA) to log into my computer remotely, or perhaps something a research program from Nelson did when it set up monitoring my internet use. I have shut it down, but still no access to my internet settings.

Below is my HighJack log

Advertisements

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi nct, Welcome to Geeks To Go,

As you may have noticed... :) your HJT log has been removed from this thread. The only place that you're supposed to post those things is in the Malware Forum, and then only after you have followed all of the steps on the
"Start Here" page.

If you really need help go ahead over there and follow ALL of the instructions that you find there, then sit back and wait for help.

It might take a few days for someone to get to you so be patient.

Good luck,

Wendy

nct

nct

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks, Wendy.

The page from the program had a link to upload to the forum, which I thought would be automatic since it had a button that said "Upload to (something or other)". When I didn't see any sort of attached file, frustrated, I did what I thought best at the time.

I will repost to Malware forum.

- Noel

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi Noel,

No problem Boo, and just so you know... it wasn't me that snagged your HJT log out of this thread, :) it was one of the moderator types who have the keys to those kinds of things.

Hope you get your problem fixed soon.

Wendy