Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Trouble installing Adobe Photoshop CS4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

bigtweat

bigtweat

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently pulled Adobe programs from a friend's macbook pro and burned them onto a DVD. Basically, I went into her folder which contained all of her adobe programs (photoshop, illustrator, dreamweaver, etc..) and program files and dragged them into a blank DVD folder, which I then burned. However, now when i insert that DVD into my mac and try to drag the applications from the DVD onto my hard drive, it comes up with the following message: "The alias "Adobe Photoshop CS4" cannot be copied to the destination, perhaps because this destination does not support this type of alias."

Do i need to download some type of installer in order for it to work properly?

Can anyone help? Thanks for your time...

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
first....you can't copy programs that way.....

second...you can't legally take a version of software that your friend owns and expect to legally install it on your computer without purchasing

read a book about computers and quit being a cheapskate and buy your own software if you want it so badly

this topic is closed