Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

opinions on netbooks?

• Please log in to reply

saraveza408

saraveza408

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
Ive been seeing those little netbooks all over the place & while I have a Dell Latitude those netbooks look so much more convenient.

So Im interested in getting some peoples opinions on the netbooks please?

And also whats the difference between a netbook & a laptop?

Please & Thank you!

Advertisements

Eclipsed

Eclipsed

• PipPipPip
  • 799 posts
Well, for me, screen size is one of the big differences. I need a minimum of a 15 inch screen to do what I do, it is hopeless running a VM on anything smaller! I also need some good computer power and HD space, which a netbook doesn't have as much of. The other thing that I notice is some netbooks don't have very many usb ports. I need all my three. On some netbooks the keyboard size is 75% of the full keyboard size because they have to fit it in a smaller space. For me, that would make it harder to type. I also don't travel a lot, I also never bring my laptop on a plane just because I don't have to. If I am just using my comp around town, my 15 inch HP doesn't feel cumbersome. These are the reasons that a netbook is worthless for me, but it really depends on what you do with your computer.

saraveza408

saraveza408

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
wow,so not many usb ports? Ya,i use 3 too. But I also have a adapter that gives me 2 extra usb ports.My laptop only has 1.

I heard the netbooks dont have a cd rom drive.Is this true?

Eclipsed

Eclipsed

• PipPipPip
  • 799 posts
Some don't, some do.