Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WINDOWS PROBLEM ON MAC

• Please log in to reply

SAXHILL

SAXHILL

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi I just recently purchased an Apple Mac Desktop computer (use to be a PC person). Anyway did a stupid thing and let my husband and kids on my computer and I dont know what they did but when i came home a DLL file was missing and the windows side wouldnt boot. No problem I thought (as I back everything up on my hard drives). So I went into the Mac side and uninstalled windows and re portioned it and reinstalled windows (service pack 3 the 2002 version of XP). Here is the problem I have done this at least 3 times and every single time it hasnt installed my network drivers, the following are missing:

AUDIO EVICE ON HIGH DEFINITION
BLUETOOTH USB HOST CONTROLLER
BUILT IN I SIGHT
ETHERNET CONTROLLER
NETWORK CONTROLLER
SM BUS CONTROLLER
VIDEO CONTROLLER

I kinda know my way around a computer having broken at least 2 in the past messing about, but having just purchased this I am reluctant to go into it. I can run the internet on the MAC side but as the computer is relatively new and I still and a bit reluctant to use the MAC side, I still use windows a lot more. Can anyone help and let me know how I can install these back on the window side. If you need more information I will give it.

Thanks

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
Are you dual booting XP using boot camp? If so, make sure you burned all the drivers onto a cd/dvd. After installing XP, insert the driver disc and it should automatically start the driver installation.

dylangle3

dylangle3

• Pip
  • 8 posts
its a big problem actually!
mac and windows! hehehehe

try reinstalling it. that could fix it. :)

TheWhiteRose000

TheWhiteRose000

• PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
or download your lan / ethernet drivers.
and use a 3rd party driver updater to update them all.

;D

That's what I do.