Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

freeze on startup/shutdown no network no nothing

• Please log in to reply

gav uk

gav uk

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all, sorry if this should be in spyware forum. please move if it should, ta :)
long story short i was trying to clear up and the crap you aqquire after time and one of my main problems was 8 svchost.exe one of which using 24MB memory and sending off a million internet signals

having searched on the net i found the combofix program and read
after doing it all i then had 'limited to no internet connection' displayed on my network icon (cable modem connected via ethnet)
i tried to 'repair' but [bleep] it said was - unable to repair....renewing ip address, tried to disable but same message and in the status it said 'aqquireing ip address'

i re-installed drivers uninstalled drives change the pci slot nothing worked.

after trying a 'roll back' windows freezes out on the loggin off screen or shut-down screen and also on the welcom/start up screen.

I'm pretty sure i dont have admin rights even though i should as it is my computer so i think thats a virus?

I've got combofix log if that will help?

Its XP machine

Oh yeah also, i created a new user account with admin rights and after that it flashed up saying non-genuine version of windows, which is also rubbish cus it is.

has anyone got any ideas for a fix or should i just bight the bullet and re-install windows?
But if i do that will it clear all the reg entried and files and everything?

Sorry its not very informative post i'm struggling to remember everything i've tried
Please bare with me for replies as obviously, i've no net connection.

cheers anyone

Attached Files

Advertisements

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Hi,

You should never run Combofix without the help of a professional. It can and in this case probably has caused damage to your PC. If you suspect a Virus a new post should be made in the Virus-Spyware-Trojan-Removal forum following the Malware self help guide.

Edited by rev_olie, 22 July 2009 - 05:06 PM.