Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP at eits end

• Please log in to reply

angelscandream

angelscandream

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi my pc came preinstalled with xp and a recovery partition no recovery discs ... it is full of viruses trojans ect and performance is very poor i need to do a restore bk to factory settings .. i have windows key gen on bk of pc but when i ask pc to do full recovery it ask me for discs please please please help bin tryin to sort for weeks ... ive trieed various removal programs with no sucsess

Advertisements

angelscandream

angelscandream

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
pc specs as follows

eMachine E4040 Specs

- Intel® Pentium 4 D517 2.93GHz HT Processor

- 896MB Ram

- 80GB Hard Drive

- 56K* ITU v.92 ready Fax/Modem

- 10/100 Mbps built-in Ethernet

- Multi-Format Dual Layer DVD Re-Writer

- High Definition 6-Channel (5.1) Audio

- Integrated ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Graphics

- 6 USB 2.0 ports, 1 Serial, 1 Parallel, 2 PS/2, Audio-In & Out, Mic-In & Head Phone jack on front

- Keyboard & Mouse.

-

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Hi angelscandream

Welcome to GeeksToGo.

I would strongly advise that you start a new topic in the Virus-Spyware-Trojan-Removal Forum.

You should follow This Guide and post the relevant logs.

Its possible the infection has cause the recovery partition to become damaged and so removal will be the best option. They use more powerful tools in the removal forum and you will be clean in no time :).