Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Booting aint working Dell Microsoft Windows XP

• Please log in to reply

delluser

delluser

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello so ive been using this computer my dad gave me.Its a Dell Microsoft Windows XP. I havent been that good to it by lettin it stay on for long hours with out putting it on standby or anything and constantly charging it. One day i was using it and it was freezing in a broswer. being as inpatient as i am i decided to turn it off by holdng the off button and then turning it back on. I got past the dell loading screen and it gave me options to either start up normally, go to last good starting point or safe mode. I tried all three and each one leads me to the windows XP loading screen. It loads for a long time and then stops and restarts back to the Dell loading screen and the process repeats. I dont know what to do and alot of my college work is on it. Please help and thank you for reading this long message.

Advertisements

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Hi delluser

Welcome to Geeks To Go.

Can you tell me the model of your Dell eg Inspiron 1501 etc

Next take a look at This Article to use the Dell Hard drive diagnostic tool.

Follow the instructions on there and then post back with any errors that it gives.