Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dual monitors

• Please log in to reply

Bosscoe

Bosscoe

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Hey,
I have a nvidia gforce 6600gt, that look's exactly like this...
http://www.digittrad...600GT-256-1.jpg

Just wondering if it was possible to set-up my pc for dual monitors using my pc's monitor port, and my gfx card monitor port ?

cheers.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
this should be possible...you just have to go into the bios and make sure to re-enable the onboard card...

though...that card has two ports on it for the purpose of dual monitors....why not use the ports that are on the video card itself? you'll get better results

Bosscoe

Bosscoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Ok that sounds great.
Secondly I'm seeking help setting up my pc with dual monitors. I don't how ever have the "VGA to DVI Adapter" that is required to run both monitors off my gfx card.
I've read a little here and there, I don't fully understand the process of setting up dual monitors.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
your card should have come with one of those converters in the box....if not they're pretty easy to get your hands on at a computer store

Bosscoe

Bosscoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Unfortunately my video card didn't come with the wire, how ever ill check at my local pc store for one. As for the bios set up ill run through that now and see if anything comes up.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
with that adapter the 2montior setup is going to be really easy...pretty much plug and play

Bosscoe

Bosscoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
ok I 've got the cable required. My pc detects the second monitor but there's still no visual ?