Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Carn't get rid of goback

• Please log in to reply

andy

andy

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
i need to reinstall ME, formated drive but Goback is still there and i carn't boot to CD,
Partition Magic does not see anything on the drive but when i boot the system Goback still pops up. even after wiping out all partitions and reformating drive! :tazz: PLEASE HELP

Advertisements

StarHawk

StarHawk

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Welcome to Geeks to go andy and thanks for using this site for Tech support.

While I don't know what version of goback you are using (prob GoBack 2.2x), I do know the probable cause of your problem. I encountered a similar problem with an old version of goback. Online research revealed that old versions of goback store data in your hard drives Master Boot Record. In my case I couldn't boot up from the Hard drive or even read the HD from DOS nor could fdisk or format fix the problem. I erased the hard drive using software on the gateway system recovery CD after booting from a Bootdisk. I believe Killdisk would probably work for that also. In my case it didn't matter since I was installing win 98 on a win 95 machine, a friends machine at that, and there was no important data on the HD i needed to worry about.

you may also wish to see http://answers.googl...adview?id=55240 for more information and possible fixes not as radical as erasing the HD.

Hope this helps. :tazz:

andy

andy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Thanx i'll try that :tazz: