Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop with Toshiba Wireless card won't connect

• Please log in to reply

Rainy2

Rainy2

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have 2 laptops which are wireless and a desktop which is wired to a router. One of the laptops works fine connecting to the internet, but the other will not. it is almost as if the wireless card in the laptop does not "see" the internet connection. I have looked at my Network Connections and and all looks good. It shows that I have plenty of signal, but when I try to connect, it won't.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Advertisements

Rainy2

Rainy2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
UPDATE

I thave now connected the laptop directly to the router with an ethernet cord. The laptop recognizes the internet and shows that there is service, yet it still does not connect. I am at a total loss. I can't afford to take it to someone to fix what is probably an easy fix. Please someone give me some suggestions.