Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Upgrading Processor for Pinnacle 9.0 Software

• Please log in to reply

jazcovington

jazcovington

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a Dell Dimension (4200, I think) w/a single processor (I believe). I'm told to use the Pinnacle 9.0 video editing software (pro-sumer) effectively, you need a dual processor. Can I actually just ADD another processor, or do I have to pull the old one and completely replace it? Any suggestions on what to get?
THANKS!

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

I know nothing about that software or why you would need a dual processor for it but this I can tell you, you can't add a second processor to that dell or any dell I know of. You would have to build a complete new system.

Rick

jazcovington

jazcovington

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Drats! Thanks for saving me the trouble. :tazz:

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Your welcome

Justi-Phis

Justi-Phis

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Pinnacle Studio Plus 9 Minimum System Requirements
Intel Pentium or AMD Athlon 800 MHz or higher (1.5 GHz or Higher recommended)
256 MB RAM (512 MB recommended)
Windows 98SE, "Millennium", 2000, XP (Windows XP recommended. MicroMV support requires Windows XP)
DirectX 9 or higher compatible graphics card (ATI Radeon or Nvidia Geforce 2 or higher recommended)
DirectX 9 or higher compatible sound card
500 MB of disk space to install software
CD-ROM drive
Optional
- CD burner for creating Video CDs or Super Video CDs*
- DVD burner drive for creating DVDs*
- DVD drive is necessary if you wish to install the bonus DVD containing tutorial, electronic manual and bonus content (free version on CD-ROMs may be ordered on Pinnacle e-store - shipping cost not included)
- Sound card with surround sound output required for preview of surround sound mixes
- 16:9 compatible camcorder for capture of 16:9 video

Edited by Justi-Phis, 12 May 2005 - 09:24 PM.