Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Variable in link

• Please log in to reply

MrPatrick

MrPatrick

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi, got a really quick question.

I have a URL that requires the use of an environment variable, when you type it into the address bar it works fine, when you click a link from the intranet page it fails. Any idea why?

so - I type :
https://[blahblah]/secenrol/?userid=%USERNAME%@blah.co.uk
into the address bar the resultant address has the correct value for %username% (ie the username of whom ever is logged in)

However I've stuck the exact same link into a basic HTML page, when you click the link it fails to pickup the variable correctly, and send the user to a 'unrecognised address' page.

I imagine that I'll need to wrap the %username% in something to prevent the %U being processed incorrectly. I just don't know what.

Ideas?

Advertisements

JPCompHelp

JPCompHelp

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
You need to extract the username from cookies or other session information.