Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

How to scan over a network

• Please log in to reply

getfothers

getfothers

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi has anyone setup a MFP on windows home server ? I cannot get my Phaser 3200 MFP to scan over the network. Can someone point me in the right direction. The error message I get is Scanner not found. I have run the network scan wizard on 1) the server, 2) the Vista Home PC, 3) the Windows 7 PC. All show the scanner but it still doesn't work. ...
Very frustrating.. Any Suggestions

Advertisements

ViprXX

ViprXX

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Did a quick search on google and found THIS webpage with info on scanning over a network. Look it over and try the steps they say and see it that helps.

Hope this helps.
Later

getfothers

getfothers

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi Thanks for the link, I followed the instructions and got it to work.

The problem was that I was trying to scan from the PC not at the scanner !, It seems you need to push the scan to the computer rather than pull it from the scanner (Hope that makes sence).

I'm not sure why you can't import via paperport or MS publisher but as you have to walk to the scanner to put the paper in it, using the scanners lcd controls isn't to much of a burden..

Anyway once again Thanks.
Fothers