Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no sound

• Please log in to reply

rosapre

rosapre

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi

I'm cluless when it comes to computers so please help me out here. My son's computer has all of a sudden stopped producing sound when he watches a video (on youtube and other sites too). I know it's not the speakers because you can hear all the sounds when the computer is being turned on but when he tries to watch a video....nothing. It just happened for no apparent reason. According to him (he is 11) he was watching a video and it just stopped all of a sudden. I asked him if anything popped up on the screen and he said no.

I did what I could by using the HELP option but as usual....it never helps me.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
What kind of video is it? DVD, or on-line?
If DVD, what player do you use?
If on-line, what browser, version?

haziqdaM5fanatic

haziqdaM5fanatic

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
What kinda sound did it produce during the start-up, normal or a beep sound??

If it's a beep sound, try to troubleshoot the sound hardware... Or if it produces a normal start-up sound,then it should be a browser or something else...