Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot open or install many programs and system items

• Please log in to reply

Thespasticone

Thespasticone

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having an issue not being able to run many programs. I was going to defrag my system, but get the error "Disk defragmenter could not start". I tried Chkdsk/f, to run at restart, and it did not run. I tried chckdsk/r, and now every time I reboot the blue check disk screen pops for about 2 seconds and then the system boots.
I had Spybot installed, and it would not open, either. I unistalled it.
I am running Vipere for antivirus, and I have done a complete system scan with updated definition.
I have tried to run the programs that you require, but the malware program will not run. I have downloaded the executable, but when I try to execute it nothing happens. I monitored this in taskmanager, and it opens a process but then immediately closes it. Hijackthis does the same thing.
I have not ran windows update. The reason behind this is that my IE is very buggy, and when I tried to do so I got this error "The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem. " from the MS update website.
I have created an Enrunt backup and ran tfc.exe. The system restore program from your site will not execute on my computer. It reacts the same way as the malware program. I ran rootrepeal, but received an error that it could not read the boot sector. I was still able to generate a file, though, and have attached that along with the OTL logs.
I do have one legitimate keylogger on my computer. SSdpro. I have installed this intentionally and it is purchased software. I just installed it today, however, and all of these problems go way farther back then that.

Attached Files

Advertisements