Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Troubleshoot with Youtube & Flash- need help

• Please log in to reply

micalparkz

micalparkz

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Hi There :)

First, I hope I am creating the topic at the right place.

I have some problem with youtube. Right now, it is not working. Whenever I click to watch a video, it just keeps loading. Maybe not even loading but I see a cursor on youtube window moving in circles but the video doesn't load at the bottom line.

However, then late in the evening it works and works well. The problem is nto with the speed on internet as its ok and I can access other websites well.

I think I have some issue with the flash player.

Can you kindly help me in this regard?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If you had Flash problems the videos wouldn't play at all at any time of the day or night.
More likely an ISP issue if it clears up after peak-time.

micalparkz

micalparkz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
I guess you are write. Usually around 7-9 or 7-10 pm.. it doesn't work at all.

After that and even in morning, it works fine

Thanks for your reply :)

micalparkz

micalparkz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Hi, its just to get your attention again :)

I usually keep laptop on and sleep. So I turn it off when i wake up in middle of sleep. Its just a habit.

I keep the laptop plugged in for charge. So till the time U turn it off, it must have already charged 100% while I'm asleep. Is it bad for laptop to keep it on charge even after it is 100% charged?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• 8,476 posts
Potentially, yes. The overcharging wears the battery out. Lots of cordless telephones suffer from overcharging because the phones sit on the chargers all night and most of the day, so the batteries wear out, take longer to charge, signal degrades, cut out during calls, etc. Likewise with laptops, the battery tends to drain quicker if its constantly charged and it also runs a fire risk as well.

micalparkz

micalparkz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Hi Neil
I have a problem here.

I have some youtube videos saved in my orkut. orkut is just something like facebook.

Now, When I go to orkut and play those videos, they work fine (though a bit slow). But if I go to youtube and try playing them, I get this message :
''Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player. ''

It is very weird. Everyday from around 5 pm to 11 pm, my youtube doesn't work ! If there was problem with speed then other websites won't work too .

Its kinda very weird, looking forward to your kind advice :)

Thanks

micalparkz

micalparkz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Hi Neil
I have a problem here.

I have some youtube videos saved in my orkut. orkut is just something like facebook.

Now, When I go to orkut and play those videos, they work fine (though a bit slow). But if I go to youtube and try playing them, I get this message :
''Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player. ''

It is very weird. Everyday from around 5 pm to 11 pm, my youtube doesn't work ! If there was problem with speed then other websites won't work too .

Its kinda very weird, looking forward to your kind advice :)

Thanks

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• 8,476 posts
Because YouTube is a streaming site with the potential to suck up obscene amount of bandwidth and clog up the network on an ISP's connections, it's not unheard of for providers to throttle access to these sort of sites during peak periods. This is an issue you need to take up with the provider.

micalparkz

micalparkz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Thank you Neil for your help :)