Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Motherboard Or Power Supply

• Please log in to reply

racinmason001

racinmason001

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
I built a lil cheapo pc for my kids to play around on and right now it wont turn on anymore. Heres the story leading up to this and why IMO I think its the motherboard and not the power supply. First the onboard USB ports failed (mouse, flash drive, cam ect...) Then the onboard audio failed tried reinstalling drivers but it did not help at all. Then I did a fresh install of windows. I completed the install. Got drivers installed and still no USB and Audio. Then on next boot up the whole thing shutoff and wouldn't power on. It sux because I don't have a spare power supply to test but I really like 99% sure think its the motherboard. Any opinions? More brains are better than one. Thanks!!! Joe

Advertisements

Anthony19

Anthony19

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
place motherboard on Non-Conductive material , EG: Wooden table , Book's etc

See If Short in motherboard ?

Do you get anything on the screen ?

Do you hear any "Beepīng", these beeps may be trying to tell you somthing

Is there any Light's ?

Can you give more Technical Information about the computer ( Spec's )

EG: Manufacture , model and amount of RAM ( also OS installed )

racinmason001

racinmason001

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
It seems to have just died? No lights sounds anything. Its an old PC Chips P13G+ V.1 Motherboard. The ram is DDR400 not sure about company that makes it and the O.S. is Windows XP pro SP3. Thanks for your help.