Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Headphone jack doesn't work?

• Please log in to reply

BlazeHeatnix

BlazeHeatnix

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Sorry about not replying sooner, I've been really busy lately. I finally got a change to speak with my brother that gave me this computer and he said that there is no cable hooked up for the headphone port to work on the front of the computer and that I have to use the one on the back.
Thanks for your time though.

I think I'll just buy a USB Gaming Headset.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Is the headphone jack on the front part of the case itself?
If so then the cables should be inside the case somewhere near the front panel.
You will just have to find the corresponding connector on the MOBO.

BlazeHeatnix

BlazeHeatnix

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
To answer your question, the headphone jack is on the CD Drive, not the case of the computer. I googled up a picture really quick to show you what I mean.
http://techpubs.sgi....py-controls.gif

I did some more searching on Google with different key words and I came across this post on a different forum:

The headphone jack on the CDROM drive will only provide sound from an audio CD in the drive. If you want general computer sound to come through the headphones you'll have to run them from the jack on the back of the PC.

If that is the case, then I suppose I'll just have to use the jack on the back of my computer for headphone sound. I never knew how the one. Perhaps I'll look for a headphone extension cord, or something of the sort. I think you and I have figured out my problem though. Thanks for the time and support.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yep that would be the answer.
I think you can purchase a extension for the Headphones for less then 15 dollars for a 10 foot cord.
At least you have now got a resolution and I would like to say:

Congratulations. :) for a successful resolution for your issue. I am happy everything has been worked out for you. With that being said I am happy to say:

You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed me to assist you with your issue and for your patience. Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :)
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible