Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Where should I print?

• Please log in to reply

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but I couldn't find one that matched this topic, so I just decided to ask the question here.

I have a 525-page PDF document that I need to print in color and relatively good quality without breaking my infinitesimal bank balance. What would be a good option for me?

Edited by Fredil, 26 July 2009 - 07:56 PM.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Print it to your printer.

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
if its school/work related use one of there printers, if you take it anywhere else its going to cost at least $50 or better. If you can get away with out color it will be a good bit cheaper, and the library would be a good place for that.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

if its school/work related use one of there their printers, if you take it anywhere else its going to cost at least $50 or better. If you can get away with out color it will be a good bit cheaper, and the library would be a good place for that.

Although should it even be used there? Both school and work are not plural... Gets tricky from here on in.

*Troy waits for Sari...

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
got a neighbor with a nice printer and an unprotected wireless network? print to their printer with a cover sheet asking them to leave the document on the doorstep when it's done printing

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

if its school/work related use one of there their printers, if you take it anywhere else its going to cost at least $50 or better. If you can get away with out color it will be a good bit cheaper, and the library would be a good place for that.

Although should it even be used there? Both school and work are not plural... Gets tricky from here on in.

*Troy waits for Sari...

in BHowett's usage...i think school and work are used to reference the collective known as school and work...not the location of school and work....the location "A school" is singular...but the collective usage of "school" (i.e. all the peeps that are in A school) would constitute a plural....in particular i would imagine the statement actually would reference "the school/work IT department/administration" (who could be determined as the owners of the printer...and are quite probably plural in nature)...so by saying "their" with regard to the printer(s) located at school/work...the owner of the printer isn't the singular school/work facility/location...but more likely the owner is the IT group of said location

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Back to the original question, you should print it wherever you're required to have it. No one at home is going to have to have a 525 page color copy of a PDF. My guess is that this is either for work or school in which case I agree with Brian (grammar notwithstanding). Print the document on their dime. They require it, they can pay for it.

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts

*Troy waits for Sari...

in BHowett's usage...i think school and work are used to reference the collective known as school and work...not the location of school and work....the location "A school" is singular...but the collective usage of "school" (i.e. all the peeps that are in A school) would constitute a plural....in particular i would imagine the statement actually would reference "the school/work IT department/administration" (who could be determined as the owners of the printer...and are quite probably plural in nature)...so by saying "their" with regard to the printer(s) located at school/work...the owner of the printer isn't the singular school/work facility/location...but more likely the owner is the IT group of said location

Yes I was wrong using there, it should have been their. However dsenette is correct, and it should be used in that sentence. Also I didn’t capitalize my i in if so some may say its not a sentence either. :)

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
I like dsenette's idea the best, I must admit :) However, I'm pretty sure that's illegal, haha.

I think I'll just pay to print it. It's a textbook that's now in the public domain, and it probably cost more than what it would cost to print it while it was still in print.