Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DOS @ 60x132 in XP cmd.exe window?

• Please log in to reply

BobKnepper

BobKnepper

• Pip
  • 1 posts
In an XP SP3 system, I can run cmd.exe and get a window with a C:\> prompt. Can click on the C: icon in the upper left and set the window size to 60 rows of 132 characters. Can then enter a fake command with 132 characters and repeat it down the screen showing that cmd.exe in XP has the capability of displaying 60 rows of 132 characters. My video board is a GeForce 8400GS and the display is a ViewSonic VX2262 with 1050x1680 pixels.

HOWEVER, if I then call a DOS program, WordStar or dBase, both set to run at 60 x 132 characters which they did in a previous system, the cmd window immediately drops to 50 rows of 80 characters and the program runs OK in the upper 30 rows of 80 characters. How can I run these programs at 60 rows of 132 characters?

Have been told it is impossible but I don't see why. Will pay a good consulting fee for a working solution.

Thank you.

Bob

Advertisements