Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Budget Computer Build Help

• Please log in to reply

bphicks123

bphicks123

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everyone,
i am going to be building a new computer within the next couple of weeks. I am only 15 and this is my first build, but i am pretty sure that i can handle it. Just here for a few questions and some advice about the computer.

Here are the components:

Mother Board: Asus M4N78 PRO Motherboard
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9600 Quad Core Processor
RAM: 3gb total ultra pc 5400 DDR2 667MHz memory
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB Hard Drive
Case:PowerUp Black ATX Mid-Tower Case
Graphics:EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS Video Card

I am buying everything except the graphics card in a barebone kit from tiger direct. Here are the links

http://www.tigerdire...e...7&CatId=332

http://www.tigerdire...e...7&CatId=332

Alright, here are some questions that i have. Will the standard 450 watt PSU be enough to support all of my components? I want to make sure that i will be able to do some casual gaming such as battlefield2, cod4, and diabloIII when it comes out. If anyone wants to help me find a better deal by ordering the parts separately or from a different website, then please do so. Also i would just like a general opinion of the computer.I am open to any suggestions. When i get the computer i will consider a medium overclock, so please let me know if this mother board, and processor are ok for overclocking.
Thank You.

Advertisements

Nicho67

Nicho67

• Pip
  • 5 posts
The 450 should be just fine for all that, and if you have the 8800GTS you will definately be able to do some gaming, as for overlcocking, in my opinion, i just say don't do it at all because you need to know exactly how much you will be able to overclock it as only a little bit too much of an overclock could screw up your whole new computer

ZzDiety

ZzDiety

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
I suggest using this kit.

http://www.tigerdire...e...6&CatId=332

Much more bang and cheaper, and it all fits togather! Plus ur links have them out of stock. With your saved money you can go ahead and get a Ati radeon HD 4890 or 4700 series + graphics card, go with ati, much more cheaper and more bang. Try to get the XFX brands though they are the best ati graphics card brands ever lifetime warrenty, sapphire is good aswell. Also you have a 500 PSU, much more then the other kit, and 700gb of hard drive, a 500 watt power supply can help you with any games, i have a 465 psu and all is good always get a 400+ watt power supply.

Hope this helps,

ZzDiety
:)

Edited by ZzDiety, 27 July 2009 - 08:45 PM.