Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

my computer froze now it wont turn on or load anything

• Please log in to reply

xoin182

xoin182

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello im new to this site as i thought i needed some advice before i go spending alot of unneeded money at the computer store.

a little information before i get starting.
i am using my friends pc at the moment but for the past few weeks my pc has been acting up. freezing for no reason for like 20secs then going ok again. and not playing my games properly low frame rate and freezing. i thought this would of been a error on the HD and was going to get it re formatted at the end of the month. but this morning i was surfing the net and it froze. so i re booted and went on surfing again, and once again it froze. rebooted and now it wont turn on. the lights come on but it dosnt bleep or get past the black screen. it also makes a funny weird buzzing sound and keeps trying to run my DVD drive.
my mother board, cpu and ram have been updated a while back (6months ago) so im hoping it wont be something to do with them.
i read on another web site that to test the mother board you take your ram out and boot up and if it bleeps alot the mother boards fine. but doing this just makes it do the same.

any one have any ideas on what i can do to try and fix this?
thank you all in advance.
chris

Advertisements