Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem running Call of Duty WAW

• Please log in to reply

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Ah great news :)

If you do get the error again then post back and we can get it sorted :)

Advertisements

87lsmc

87lsmc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Man I just got that error again. My computer updated yesterday and now the game is crashing again. I just played it a couple of days ago.

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Ah man :)

Ok then we need to look into this more.

What error did you get this time?
When you said it just updated what exactly updated?

There's something installing that is clashing with something else and it really don't like it :)

87lsmc

87lsmc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
It went to the blue screen again. I played the game fine on the 14th, and the update came on the 15th. The update history shows that Windows downloaded an update from NVIDIA for NVIDIA NForce 430/410 Serial ATA Controller. I tried rolling back the drivers for this but the game still crashed. I was then sent the update for these again.

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Ok then,

Seems there is actually a problem with the NForce 430/410 Serial ATA Controller. Know Apple have issues.

Follow This Guide and try and do a system restore. Hopefully there will be a restore point prior to you install the update.
After that test the game and see if it works.

87lsmc

87lsmc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Well I played the game for a few hours on Friday the 14 so I set the system restore for that date. The updates came on Saturday and my PC started crashing again on Sunday. After the system restore it goes back to the blue screen when I try to play the game.

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Ok then there must be something thats going wrong along with that driver.

If you look back at This Post and then follow the instructions again and post the latest minidump.
Hopefully there may be something in there that can help.

Also

Lets check your event log.

Go Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer

In the left click on arrow next to Windows Logs

Then click on System

Look for the red Error entries and Critical entries.

Then click the entry and give me the information given. It should look like the below:

Log Name: 

Source:

Event ID:

Level:

If there are errors or Critical entries then Double click the entry and give me the infromation on the screen. See the attached photo for more help.
If the error appears more than once just type it up once.

Attached Thumbnails

• eventvwr.jpg

87lsmc

87lsmc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Unable to initialize the security package Kerberos for server side authentication. The data field contains the error number.

The previous system shutdown at 6:28:54 AM on 8/18/2009 was unexpected.

The previous system shutdown at 12:44:02 PM on 8/16/2009 was unexpected.

The previous system shutdown at 10:02:45 AM on 8/16/2009 was unexpected.

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the TrkWks service.

Here are the error codes and the last minidump file. I don't know if the minidump files from the 15 are still here since I did system restore.

Attached Files

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Hi,
Sorry for the delay :)

Ok your latest minidump is pointing to: audiodg.exe

Bsically audiodg.exe hosts the audio engine for Vista. All the DSP and other audio processing is done in audiodg.exe. There are two reason it runs outside of the windows audio service.
So i believe we need to move into another direction.

Now you said you are using a

Audio Advantage SRM sound card. Now is that made by Turtle Beach?

Could you also give me if there is one a product number or serial number of the sound card?
I want to try and find the latest driver for your devices to make sure its compatible but my searching is turning up a few different devices. :)

87lsmc

87lsmc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Yes the sound card is made by Turtle Beach. The card is an Audio Advantage SRM 7.1 channel usb audio interface. I think the model number may be TBS-1122-03. I think the serial number is TB127M001251. I downloaded the drivers for it on the Turtle Beach web site.

Advertisements

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Ok and do the new drivers allow you to play the game or is it still producing a BSOD?

87lsmc

87lsmc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Game is still crashing.

87lsmc

87lsmc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Well I rolled back the drivers for the audio again and reinstalled with the ones you gave me. I also reinstalled the drivers for the motherboard again. I rolled back the drivers that I think caused the problem this last time. I also disabled automatic updates so I can choose which updates to install. So far the game has booted up fine. I'll see how long that lasts.

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Hmm im sure i posted my reply on Sunday :)

Im having real issues with Firefox for some reason and its happend to about 4 threads now were the reply has gone in and not actually saved.

Anyhow hopefully this one will go through ok,
Now genrally speaking its going to be a driver issue and its seems youve cleaverly grasped that without me :) :)

So as youve tried the steps i would have posted (the only Audio driver i could find and trust was the one from the turtle beach site which you seem to have) then I will await your next reply and hopefully see whats causing it if it crashes again.

But it seems to be down to either Audio, The NForce controller or something completley different.

The only other question i asked in the post thats somewere in cybe space was Are you experiencing any other problems with other programs or functions? Just as a comparison.

87lsmc

87lsmc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
I'm not experiencing problems with anything else. Other games have played fine throughout this whole ordeal. The first time we got the game working, the update for the NForce controllers was the only change made before the second set of crashes. I'll have to give the game a few more tries to make sure it is okay.