Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Post your dream pc.

• Please log in to reply

ZzDiety

ZzDiety

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Make a image file, of your dream pc in a computer site, and make sure to highlight the price of it, you can use paint or photoshop doesn't really matter, share your dream pc. Also, remember to give feedback on other people's dream pc, some people have pcs that are designed for 1 purpose some are monster pcs D:/.

Here are some pc sites to get you started.

Tigerdirect.ca
Tigerdirect.ca (US)
NCIX.com (US AND CAN)
ibuypower.com
alienware.com
dell.com
dell.ca

Here's mine.
Posted Image
I don't know if everything will fit the case D:, any ideas? And is this really good for the price? I'm prob going to get that pc in 1-2 years lol.

POST YOURS!

-ZzDiety

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
That's your dream PC? C'mon, you can do better than that? :)

Wait till you see mine... :)

(I don't care about price, watch and see)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Well that was fun, and there's probably a fair bit I could change if I spent even more time on it. As it is, that's 45 minutes research into parts there...

Posted Image

Posted Image

ZzDiety

ZzDiety

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Heh, i don't have much of a desire i want mine to come true, but maybe when i have a decent job i'll most likely spend 5,000 on a pc well, i'ma just buy 2 pcs cause, instead of spending 30,000 on a pc you can spend that on future years cus technology will change eventually lol :) Yeah i don't have much needs my dream pc is pretty good for me. And i REALLY feel sorry for whoever has to pay for that. LOL.
Btw, do you think all of my parts will fit in my case, and is it a good build?

Eclipsed

Eclipsed

• PipPipPip
  • 799 posts
Troy, you just about covered it for me. That is pretty much my dream PC. I will not post mine because it has already been posted, except for a few changes.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
The only thing I'd change is the PSU, I've never been a fan of Ultra. :)

Other than that it should be good, as long as you've researched the compatibility properly.

EDIT: Oh, and ignoramo, what changes would you make?

Edited by Troy, 28 July 2009 - 04:24 PM.

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
Two points:

1. Designing any machine that you intend to buy in 1-2 years is pointless. In 1-2 years, you'll be able to get much more performance for the same price. (Or the same performance for a much lower price.)
2. Some of Ultra's PSUs are top-of-the-line PSUs. Others are garbage. The one ZzDiety picked out is a garbage one, unfortunately, but I wouldn't rule out all of Ultra's offerings. For example, the Ultra X3 1600W is an amazing PSU. It is, of course, overkill for any system, but this is a "dream" topic, after all.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
:)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Love the 2x 100 pack discs!!! :) Will definitely contribute to better speeds. :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Well it is a dream system.

Ultimate retail has both the 32 bit and the 64 bit versions included.
Since I am buying so many HD's I should be able to buy two retail copies with no problem?
Other then the disc packs what do you think Troy?

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
You can buy as many retail copies as you like, period. It's the OEM versions you need to purchase with components to satisfy the OEM licensing law.

It looks pretty nice overall, but I would call it more a "reality" system than a dream system. :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I'm not much on a dreamer system per say.
The system I have now I've had for almost 8 years with minor upgrades.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Another question for the dual boot techs.
With this new system can I make a dual boot operation with
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit on the 500 gig SATA drive and XP Professional 32 bit on a 250 gig IDE drive?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts

Another question for the dual boot techs.
With this new system can I make a dual boot operation with
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit on the 500 gig SATA drive and XP Professional 32 bit on a 250 gig IDE drive?

Yes. I'm running a triple boot system on this machine...three drives, three operating systems with one of them a 32 bit.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thanks Wannabe1

I guess from this point then it's just a matter of getting the parts. That may not happen till tax time :)
I guess I could setup my current system with a dual boot now since I do have the RC for Windows 7 installed on another driver.
Using Troys tutorial on dual boot I should be able to setup everything correct?