Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Network btw XP and Vista

• Please log in to reply

hihassan

hihassan

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
Hi,

I have a wireless router and my laptop and desktop r connected with it, but i cant make a wireless home network to easily transfer data between my laptop and desktop...

Laptop has vista ultimate while desktop has xp professional...

need help

Advertisements

JPCompHelp

JPCompHelp

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Are both systems in the same workgroup?

hihassan

hihassan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Are both systems in the same workgroup?

i didnt make a workgroup... its just that i can access internet through router on laptop as well as on desktop and it works fine...

what's a role of a workgroup and how to make it?

JPCompHelp

JPCompHelp

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Go to My Network Places and use the Network Setup Wizard to configure your network.

HelpwhenIcan

HelpwhenIcan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a home network to which a new Vista Home Premium laptop was just added. From the XP machine (connected wirelessly to the network) I am able to successfully ping all devices on the network. These include the router, a printer and my new Vista laptop (each connected wirelessly). I am also able to map a Vista drive from XP. From the Vista laptop, however, I can see the router and printer but not I CANNOT see the XP laptop. Any ideas how to fix this? :)