Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Will pay for upgrade help on computer

• Please log in to reply

tohspals

tohspals

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have decided to upgrade my computer to be able to handle media streaming to use with my xbox360 and laptop. The only problem is that i really dont no where to start and being that im in Argentina right now im pretty much on my own with it. Here is my current configuration a GatewayGM5632E. I have also installed Windows 7RC 64bit. Both 500gb hard drives are filled with movies and music so im thinking of replacing one of the hard drives with a 1.5TB one and also adding an eSATA port. Since I dont speak the language here, I cant just take it to someone. I have a limited knowledge about computers so if anyone is willing to assist me I will be more than happy to compensate them. Also if anyone has any other modification suggestions that should be considered I will greatly appreciate it. My budget is between $400-$600 Keep in mind that I am probably going to have to order everything online. Thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The computer is nice as it is. A bigger hard drive isn't a problem however the machine only has space for two hard drives at a time so you wouldn't be able to have three hard drives in (this computer anyway) and copy data off the second 500Gb as you need a working installation to do it with.

tohspals

tohspals

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Would I be able to add an eSATA port to it? If so, could you point me in the right direction of which one to get