Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Halo Custum Edition problem

• Please log in to reply

John McCain

John McCain

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When I select to start up Halo CE the screen flashes than goes back to my desktop only I'm able to hear the game's main menu. I can here my mopuse Highlighting the buttons, also I can't see my mouse cursor either. Is something wrong? It was working for the past 4 months

Advertisements

ADNoland

ADNoland

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
http://hce.halomaps....dex.cfm?nid=413

Halo CE Loads but cannot see menu
Symptom:
You start Halo Custom Edition (CE) and it loads normally, you see the Halo animation hear the music but cannot see the menu items. Clicking around you can hear the menu activation beep/sound.

Cause:
Most new video drivers especially those for Vista now have the anti-aliasing set to ON as default. You need to turn off or set to application controlled the anti-aliasing setting in your video driver. Be sure you set it for the haloce.exe program and not just Halo (halo.exe). The Halo Custom Edition (CE) game has different video routines that use “fast shaders” to improve the visuals and those routines do not operate with anti-aliasing set to on in the video driver. The Halo PC retail version does not utilize the enhance graphic routines. That is why Halo PC works with anti-aliasing when Halo CE doesn't.

Edited by ADNoland, 29 July 2009 - 06:10 PM.

John McCain

John McCain

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I found out the problem was I played around with the names of my saves. But the registry did not remmember any of these saves and the files were corrupted which messed up the game. I thought it would be funny making my guys name: The Master and overlord of the Jalapeño. lol :)