Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft works

• Please log in to reply

Dennis Meyer

Dennis Meyer

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I can't print in Microsoft works. I can print any other page. I was able to print in Microsoft works until about a week ago. I assume I did something wrong, but I don't know what. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Advertisements

nestorey

nestorey

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
uninstall/reinstall

Dennis Meyer

Dennis Meyer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
If I uninstall, where will I go to reinstall it.

Thanks

nestorey

nestorey

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
don't have the disk? is it a home pc or work? if work get one of the tech geeks to do it. if home did it come already installed? if it did you should have a backup disk for all programs that came installed on your comp...

Dennis Meyer

Dennis Meyer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Came installed. The only back up disk I have is a restore disk. Is there any way I can install only the Microsoft works from the restore disk, with out restoring ever thing.

Thanks

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
can you print from other programs and not works? Look at works properties and setup. It shoud say use default printer.

Dennis Meyer

Dennis Meyer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Yes I can print from other programs. Works is the thing I can't print from. The printer runs the sheet of paper through the printer & it sounds like it's printing, but all I get is a blank sheet of paper. I went to properties like you (austin o) suggested. The folders in properties are general - shortcut & compatibility. I can't find a place that says use default printer.

Thanks

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
In works it may be in "page setup" Get a document on the screen and go through the page setup options, see what you can find. It has been a long time since I used "works" I just use wordpad now.

Dennis Meyer

Dennis Meyer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Nothing there about printers. The only time I bring anything up on printers is when I click on print. I have two printers neither one will print in works. It is very hard to understand I have been printing in works for years until now.

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
can you find it on your recovery cd and re-install it?

Dennis Meyer

Dennis Meyer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
The recovery CD that has works has a problem ( ha ha ) when I click on works I get a message ( works can not open-may not be suppered by any of the installed converters). I went to add or remove, clicked on works, it give me a place to click for support, it let me remove & replace works. Boy did I feel good, thats the good news, the bad news is I still have the same problem. Is it possible I have a problem with something else that wont let me print from works.