Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need to update my VIN/S3G Uni Chrome IGP 6.14.0010.0113 driver I ca

• Please log in to reply

Blackpeach

Blackpeach

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Since I am new here, I don't know if this is the right forum, please for give me if it isn't and redirect me. I am having driver issues. I did the update for firefox and during that Cooliris needed updating as well. That was when I relized that my drivers are out dated. I should have know it sooner since my system is very slow,graphics take for ever to down load etc... I downloaded the Driver doctor trial and it says that I have many out dated and missing drivers but, I can't afford to but the program right now because, I am a disabled mom/student and my classes are going to start soon !

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Hi.

Your first port of call should be windows update, custom scan. Downlad the drivers you need, they are free.
I would stay clear of driver finders as many of the drivers are unsigned and you might cause problems on your system.

Your computer could be slow for many other reasons

iammykyl

bustermoves

bustermoves

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
after windows update,try file hippo.install the update checker, and it will find updates for tons of stuff on your puter.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

I downloaded the Driver doctor trial and it says that I have many out dated and missing drivers

Don't touch! No drivers need to be updated unless you're having some problems.
Speaking of which, what is it, that you need to update, and why?

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

I downloaded the Driver doctor trial and it says that I have many out dated and missing drivers

Don't touch! No drivers need to be updated unless you're having some problems.
Speaking of which, what is it, that you need to update, and why?

Indeed. That software provides you with false results that will make you feel like you need to buy the software. If purchased it will then either install incorrect outdated and faulty drivers or it wont install any at all and simply say that your system has been updated.
I would use Add and Remove programs to uninstall the software
(Start > Control Panel > Add remove programs (Vista Users select programs and features)

And then like Broni i would be interested as to why you want to update.

Welcome to GeeksToGo :) by the way

Edited by rev_olie, 02 August 2009 - 03:43 AM.