Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Find/Reset Password for Linksys Router To Access Wifi

• Please log in to reply

MikeF2009

MikeF2009

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi. My Vista desktop computer is connected to the secure wifi connection from my router, however I now want to add my new Vista laptop to that network via my wireless router. I have forgotten the password and connection details and have no idea how to find them. It is a Linksys Wireless G router; I have tried contacting my provider but this has not been of any use. Please can someone tell me how I can find my password and connection details to access my wireless router's secure network, or how I can go about resetting them to start again? I don't know how many digits my password is or if its WPA or WEP or anything like that. I really need to resolve this asap, thanks!

Edited by MikeF2009, 29 July 2009 - 09:24 AM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Run a network cable from the desktop to the router, then log into the router. Typically http://192.168.1.1 or whatever it says in the manual. The default usernames and passwords to get in are also in the manual unless you've changed them.

Failing that the only other advice we can offer is to reset the router; this will reset wireless security back to none and it will lose internet connectivity until you set it up again. Normally you hold in a little indented button on the back of the router until all the lights go out.