Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue screen of death after log-in

• Please log in to reply

MrHaroldG2000

MrHaroldG2000

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am a new member here—and new victim of the "blue screen of death," which occurs just after I log-in. Neither Malwarebytes nor System Restore did anything to resolve the problem.

Enclosed are the data

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.2
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 8E4D628F
BCP3: 8D6E2020
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

The following are the files that help describe the problem:

C:\Users\MrHaroldG\AppData\Local\Temp\WER3ADD.tmp.version.txt

Windows NT Version 6.0 Build: 6001 Service Pack 1
Product (0x2): Windows Vista ™ Home Basic
Edition: HomeBasic
BuildString: 6001.18226.x86fre.vistasp1_gdr.090302-1506
Flavor: Multiprocessor Free
Architecture: X86
LCID: 1033

Attached Files

Advertisements

Makaveli213

Makaveli213

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • MVP
From the Stop Error code provided it can be determined that you have this issue.

http://msdn.microsof...y/ms794023.aspx

I know this is not what your status code is, but when you check the site for your status code it leads you to this one as the one you show has the same meaning and parameters.

Listed in there is this:

0xC0000005: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION indicates that a memory access violation occurred.

Which is shown by the BCP1 information. This would lead me to believe you may have a RAM issue. I would suggest running MemTest86 on your machine. Download the ISO and burn it with ImgBurn. After you do so restart the PC with the MemTest86 Cd in the tray and let the program run. It is a bootable CD so there will be no input needed. It is suggested that it run for up to 4 hours to fully test your RAM. But if you start to see errors come about quickly during the test then that would signify that you have a bad RAM module that needs to be replaced.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Your error comes from Mpfp.sys file, which is related to McAfee Personal Firewall Plus Driver.
Reinstall McAfee.

MrHaroldG2000

MrHaroldG2000

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Your error comes from Mpfp.sys file, which is related to McAfee Personal Firewall Plus Driver.
Reinstall McAfee.

I forgot to tell you - I'm running the computer in Safe Mode, and I found out in Yahoo Answers that McAfee doesn't run under it. I'm going to try AVG and see if I have any success with it.

MrHaroldG2000

MrHaroldG2000

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Reinstall McAfee.

I forgot to tell you - I'm running the computer in Safe Mode, and I found out in Yahoo Answers that McAfee doesn't run under it. I'm going to try AVG and see if I have any success with it.

MrHaroldG2000

MrHaroldG2000

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
OK yesterday I ran AVG - it took out the virus. Then I started up the computer regularly - no blue screen. Just to be on the safe side, I ran AVG again and found no more viruses/malware - now I'm good to go. :)

Edited by MrHaroldG2000, 31 July 2009 - 02:22 PM.