Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The computer can't detect my scanner.

• Please log in to reply

Elankar

Elankar

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm running Windows XP and I have a HP Photosmart C3180 All-In-One Printer, Scanner and Copier. Today, I finished a drawing and decided to scan it then colour in on my computer only to discover that my computer can't detect my scanner for whatever reason. It's worked fine in the past as I've scanned quite a few things so I'm not sure what caused this error. Also, when I go to the Control Panel, Printers and Other Hardware, Scanners and Camera to add an Imaging Device there's no option for my scanner.

This is particularly troubling as I'm an artist whose scanner doesn't work. :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Try to reinstall All-in-one driver.

drbob01

drbob01

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I am having the same problem with my HP C7280 all-in-one printer/scanner. I have tried re-installing numerous times. I happened to see a suggestion from HP that said to "unblock" all HP programs and required internet ports. I was to go to C:\program files\HP\digital imaging\bin and locate certain files. Two of them were not on my computer. Also, in directory C:\windows\system32 directory, I couldn't locate either hpzqiz01.exe or hpznui01.exe.
Since I was having trouble ridding my computer of a Trojan virus (which was finally removed, thanks to Geeks to go!!!) I think I accidentally deleted these programs while running a registry repair program. Alas, now I cannot seem to get my printer to work, certainly not the scanner.
I wonder, can I just find the missing files which are still in my recycle bin and reinstall? Hopefully you can help solve the install problems for me too!
Thanks! :)

drbob01

drbob01

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Well, NO THANKS to HP "tech support." But I went to HP site and downloaded the latest full upgrade software. Then, I TURNED OFF WINDOWS FIREWALL and re-installed...voila! It works! Hopefully, this is the end of the story. So far, so good. So, my lesson learned was---if you have a somewhat similar problem and are going to re-install the HP all-in-one software, find out how to turn off your Windows firewall (not other virus software) and try re-installing. Maybe, like me, you will be successful.

If so, please let me know. I would like to know if I helped any other poor souls who have HP Printer problems.

PS: I emailed HP and told them about my "tech support" issues. No reply so far.