Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

What is "wireless networking"?

• Please log in to reply

MrSupernatural

MrSupernatural

• Pip
  • 7 posts
What exactly is wireless networking and what is required to have wireless networking?

I live in an area, where NO cable internet is available and no dsl is available. Is wireless networking available to me? Or is it simply the networking of computers in the same house, together with no wires needed?

Anybody have any suggestions for a HIGHSPEED dial up connection? Best dialup provider with the fastest connection?

Please help!!!

Thx,

Mr. Supernatural

Advertisements

MrSupernatural

MrSupernatural

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
bump bump bump

Anyone have any info on this?

Thx!

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Wireless networking is exactly what you had described yourself. It is when you network 2 or more computers together to be able to access eachother's resources. Also you can have the wireless "router" connected to some form of internet e.g. cable or dsl Then you can connect all the computers to the internet.

Now if you just have 1 computer and cable/dsl is not available in your area then you have the dial up option or maybe satellite option (but that's usually way more expensive). I have no idea on the fastest dial up providers though. Sorry.

-=jonnyrotten=- :tazz:

MrSupernatural

MrSupernatural

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thank you very, very much Johnny Rotten, your response is greatly appreciated and well needed. I understand how it works now.

You're the best!

:tazz:

Mr.Supernatural

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Hey, anytime :tazz:

-=jonnyrotten=- ;)