Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to install Windows Live Messenger

• Please log in to reply

adai2020

adai2020

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
My desktop has a Windows XP operating system. I wanted to install MSN messenger in my desktop and hence searched the internet. I soon realized that the latest updated version of the messenger was Windows Live Messenger.

I proceeded to download Windows Live Messenger from the internet. I successfully downloaded the executable file called "wlsetup-custom.exe" . I ran the setup file, and installed Windows Live Messenger in my computer. Initially after installation, the messenger worked fine.

After some time, the Windows Live Messenger just permanently refused to let me to sign in to my messenger account though i was connected to internet and all other internet based applications worked fine in my computer. I thought that the messenger application was having problem and thus decided to reinstall it.

I first deleted or uninstalled the current Windows Live Messenger from my computer successfully. Then i ran the setup file "wlsetup-custom.exe" again, but the installation application says that i already have "Messenger" installed and does not provide me the option to install "Messenger" anymore. The setup only provides me with options to install other accompanying applications such as "Mail" , "Photo Gallery", "Toolbar" and etc features.

I want to install Messenger again in my computer. How do i do it ? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Adai.

Advertisements