Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Display Problems?

• Please log in to reply

Pearson182

Pearson182

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have recently upgraded my pc and put a Ati radeon 4870 into my pc (3.1ghz dual core amd phenom 2, 4 gb corsair dominator, 500gb harddrive, asus motherboard) and am getting frequent problems. On startup the loading is very slow and takes ages to load up any programs (i have tried a reformat and reinstallation of the operating system and all the latest catalyst drivers etc), i also experience frequent crashes and very slow loading times in games. Whenever my screen saver comes on the screen remains grey when i wake up the computer, however everything else including sound etc becomes active again.. Is this driver related or may it be a hardware problem..

Advertisements