Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Default 'Save' or 'Save As' in Vista

• Please log in to reply

linuxwannabee

linuxwannabee

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
:) I surrender to Microsoft's idiosyncrosies!

Well, not quite - hence my query here.

Everytime I choose 'save as' for jpeg files in IE v8 the program always defaults to the root level of 'My computer'. Thus I have to do loads of double-clicking just to get to the previous folder where I just saved another jpeg file.

This is very irritating, I've put up with it for over a year now - but figured someone here may be able to help? This was standard behavour in previous versions of windows - that a program would always remember the last folder location that you saved to, or indeed opened from.

Help Help ... please. Cheesed off with this oversight by microsoft - please say there is a fix for it. Reference the help system, but that just comes up with a myriad of unrelated links.

Cheers in advance and anticipation

:) Dave B - Linuxwannabee

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
http://www.windowsre...ernet-explorer/

linuxwannabee

linuxwannabee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Hi

thanks for the link above.

However, it's not Internet Explorer's default download folder I'm referring to. Indeed, it's not necessarily internet explorer exclusively that I'm referring to either. Other programs exhibit this behavour - e.g. ebay's turbolister always look at the same folder (backup folder) whenever you want to attach an image to your listing.

By contrast, many programs do remember your last port of call - so, is it just the programs that don't aren't Vista savvy? Seems unlikely in the case of IE.

Any further suggestions?

Thanks

Dave B - Linuxwannabee