Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

monitor going gray

• Please log in to reply

gawlfnut20

gawlfnut20

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:) Hi I bought a new dell studio xps. i have a 7 year old monitor that has been going gray lately comes back fuzzy then okay for awhile. is it time for a new monitor or is it something worse? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Time for a new monitor.
Go flat screen and you will have digital hookup capability with the monitor. :)

If you give me some specifics on what you use your system for I can link you to some monitors that you might like.
Size
Main use (Movies, Graphics, Photo Editing)
Price range
Any Manufacturer you like or dislike.

Edited by rshaffer61, 30 July 2009 - 07:11 PM.

SC2_2047

SC2_2047

• Pip
  • 4 posts
If your monitor is an old CRT, then yes its going bad and you will need a new one soon. I had an old CRT monitor that with time the screen was getting blurry and it got to the point where I was not able to read anything on the screen. Get yourself a new monitor, they are pretty cheap now a days.