Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

access denied

• Please log in to reply

gordo9

gordo9

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
so i was moving some files around and accidently dropped a folder in the folder c:\6cf843fe50c4c7d8a7e7209212. when i click on the folder to delete it i get an error message that says it is not accessible and access is denied. any idea how i can delete this folder? thanks!

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
I'm pretty sure that folder contains your i386 folder...you do not want to delete it...

gordo9

gordo9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
i dont want to delete the windows folder i just want to get rid of the folder that i accidently dropped into it.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try system restore...

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
http://support.micro....aspx/kb/308421
follow those steps to take ownership of the c:\6cf843fe50c4c7d8a7e7209212 folder then you should be able to delete the folder that you dropped in there

gordo9

gordo9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
that seems like it may work but for some reason i cannot boot in safe mode. i try hitting f8 on the boot like it says but i get nothing

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
does your keyboard have a button that says "f lock" on it? if so during boot press that then press f8