Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

College Computer

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Im going into my freshman year of college and I need a new computer. My professor gave me a list of specifications that are recomended for my computer. The problem is that I cant find the right one. Here is my list of specifications:

Processor: Dual Core Intel
Operating System: Windows Vista Business Edition
Memory: 4 Gigabyteas RAM
Graphics: High-ends Graphics with dedicated video card with 256 Megabytes
Optical Device: DVD recordable combo drive
Hard Drive: 100GB, 7200 rpm Serial ATA
Network Devices: Integrated Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.11 a/b/g Wi-Fi Wireless, Bluetooth and 56k V.92 Modem
USB Ports: 3 USB 2.0

If someone can give me a suggestion of where I could start looking for a computer with these qualities it would be much help.
P.S. Im a college student, so im looking for a reasonable price range.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
What do you want the computer for? What do you want to do with it?
If you only want to type assignments and play on the Internet with it you don't need Vista Business or a high-end graphics card, for example. If you have wireless you don't need a modem and if you don't have bluetooth mobile phone you don't need it on your PC.